Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust

After being freed from the bondage of the brown behemoths, I (of course) immediately cast on another pair of socks.  And, lo and behold, when I'm not knitting size 12 socks that I don't particularly like, I can crank out a pair in just a little over a week.  That may be slow compared to some knitters, but that's pretty good for me, especially when I'm usually only knitting for maybe three hours a day if I'm lucky.  So, have a looksy!

Pattern: Paua Socks
Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight (Mad as a March Hare)

These are Paua Socks knit with the March yarn shipment from the Rockin' Sock Club.  These are meant to be a gift for one of my close girlfriends (who has bigger feet than I do which is why these look a bit big).  I'm glad that I decided to gift these, because even though I really enjoyed the pattern and the yarn, I can't say that I would ever wear these socks myself.


They're a bit too crazy both pattern-wise and color-wise for me.  They've had their bath and dried and are now patiently sitting in my yarn closet (yes, I have a yarn closet in my living room) waiting for their owner to come and pick them up.  She's house and dog sitting for me here in just a couple of weeks so this really was perfect timing.

And now for something completely different - not socks!  I've cast on the Newborn Vertebrae which is meant to be a baby shower gift for a couple of friends who are expecting a boy.  I'm still getting over the idea that the soon-to-be Daddy is going to be responsible for another life.  Don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic guy (hence the fact that he is a friend), but I knew him during his crazy college phase, and it's just bizarre to imagine that person actually being a parent.  In any case, I got through the raglan increases last night only to realize that I'm short a stitch on one of the arms!  I looked and looked and couldn't find where I missed an increase....going to go take another look now and hopefully the mistake isn't too far back (if I can find it at all).   If I can't, I think I'm just going to keep trekking and I'll figure out a way to get the right number of stitches later....hopefully.


No real theater news this week - still on a break.  Starting to gear up for the next big one - Journey to the West.  First production meeting is in two weeks followed by the first Read-Thru the week after (same week I'll be rehearsing, teching, and opening the Reader's Theatre of Other Desert Cities).  But, for now, it's just me and my needles and watching a whole lot of Supernatural.  I just can't get enough of those two sexy men!

No comments:

Post a Comment